Thursday, April 26, 2012

Accepted!

I found out on Monday that my project, "Empirical Likelihood in Statsmodels" was accepted for GSoC.  It was great news for me and I am eager to get started.

Submitting the patch as part of the application proved to be very helpful.  Spending a couple days just reading the current code really helped me determine exactly how I will be organizing my project.  Also, going through the code drilled in how classes work in Python and I found out what class inheritance was and how to use it.

This week I will be in contact with my mentor(s) to discuss some more of the structure of my project.  I also hope to use the next couple days to get more familiar with git-hub.   I want to make sure that I have all the essentials tightened up before the official coding period begins.   

No comments:

Post a Comment