Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tick Tock

I am waiting for the semester to end so that I can focus my full time on my GSOC project.  Last week was finals week for me so I didn't get to do much thinking about empirical likelihood.  However, two Py-stat related events did happen.

First, I had a meeting with a professor to discuss how I can continue contributing to statsmodels after GSOC.  To say the least, the options are limitless.

Secondly, I found out I will actually be taking an Empirical Likelihood class next semester.  I wanted to make sure it wouldn't duplicate what I will be doing for GSOC so I email the professor.  She responded, "most materials are not covered by Owen's book, because they are from my own past few years' research."  This is very exciting since this summer I will be able to tie down the basics of e.l. and next semester I will bring my knowledge (and of course statsmodels) to the frontier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment